Welcome!

Here you'll find opinions on style, fashion, beauty, celebrities and style, stylists, television shows such as How Do I look?, design, decor, and travel(trends in travel such as hottest city of the season or year) by moi. You'll also have reviews of the latest trends for each season as well as what I think of them, reviews of beauty products that I just purchased or that I really like to have or purchase. The blog is run and maintained by one person, Sarah Elizabeth. The main focus is on fashion and style, but there are other areas that will be discussed as well. Have fun reading the posts and please leave me a comment telling me what you think.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Kate Middleton have the same style as Princess Diana?

This is a question best open to one's own interpretation, but I felt that it's worth taking a wild stab in the dark on this 'burning issue' in the British Royal family. Now before I go on, I present to you my own take on the classical SNL Weekend Update's segment that would repeat the top story(in my case it's the first sentence only) for the hard of hearing(ie. Emily Litella). I instead did a little combo of Headmaster of the School for the Hard of Hearing and Emily Litella . The only difference is that I couldn't get Garrett Morris to record the first sentence of this entry, so instead I'll repeat that first sentence to you in all caps: THIS IS A QUESTION BEST OPEN TO ONE'S OWN INTERPRETATION, BUT I FELT THAT IT'S WORTH TAKING A WILD STAB IN THE DARK ON THIS 'BURNING ISSUE' IN THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY.

Now, back to what I was going to type about. Kate Middleton having the same style as the late, great Princess Diana...It may just be me, but I don't see it at all. If you ask me, Kate Middleton's style and Princess Diana's style are both different. Plus, Princess Diana's style changed gradually from the time she was courting Prince Charles up to her untimely death nearly a decade ago. Kate's style of late pretty much smacks of someone who tries too damn hard to look stylish because she's the girlfriend of Prince William. Within a matter of months of them dating(in the public arena that is), Kate's style evolved quickly before the eyes of the British public almost as if she's being groomed to become the wife of Prince William. It also appears to me that she's trying to copy Wills's late mum's style...yet the end result for Middleton sometimes turns out not to be in her favor. Just this last June she was pictured wearing an aquamarine ribboned gown by designer BCBG(stands for Bon Chic Bon Genre[sp?])Max Azria to the Boodles Boxing Ball that she attended. Nice dress, I'll give her a plus there, however, it looks as if she was about to trip as she was walking down the aisle. It's all in how the dress was made; form-fitting at the bodice, but rest of the gown wasn't fitted.

Back to the comparison that I don't see with the styles of both Kate and the late princess, I believe it was Princess Diana that ultimately was the one to have a feel for fashion. Kate just seems to scream of a slave to fashion, not to mention the fact that she has dressed this way ever since she started dating Prince William so she'll always be noticed by everyone even when she isn't out and about with him. When Princess Diana(then known as Lady Diana) was dating Prince Charles, she didn't seem to be in any rush at all to look stylish. Her style would start evolving from the time she and Charles were wed, mainly because all eyes were on them, but it wasn't rushed or forced on her.

I have a link to a site that has some pictures comparing the styles of both Princess Diana and Kate Middleton.

Daily Mail

No comments: