Welcome!

Here you'll find opinions on style, fashion, beauty, celebrities and style, stylists, television shows such as How Do I look?, design, decor, and travel(trends in travel such as hottest city of the season or year) by moi. You'll also have reviews of the latest trends for each season as well as what I think of them, reviews of beauty products that I just purchased or that I really like to have or purchase. The blog is run and maintained by one person, Sarah Elizabeth. The main focus is on fashion and style, but there are other areas that will be discussed as well. Have fun reading the posts and please leave me a comment telling me what you think.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Alexander McQueen's Spring 2007 Collection

Wow wow wow and wow!!!! I must say that I loved Mr. McQueen's spring line, if I had money, let me tell you now, my closet would be filled with clothes designed by him. In my book, Alexander McQueen is a true maverick, he does things his way now for the last decade and he never ceased to amaze me in all of my years of seeing pictures of his spring and fall lines. This line, from my POV, had an 18th century rococo style that was combined with the very makeup worn by the late Queen Elizabeth I. The hairstyles worn on the models had that elaborate 18th century Marie Antoinette look. The clothes were gorgeous, sexy, demure, with some raunch there too. However, the outfits that had the exaggerated curvy hips worn by the skinny(and some supiciously anorexic) models should've been worn on models who already have the figure for it since the sihouette, to me, would emphasize it. Another thing that should be different is the fact that anytime a model is wearing a sheer outfit, please have something to show for it underneath. What I mean by that is an actual bust line with no bones protruding outward, I CANNOT stand seeing flat chested models who have their ribs and pelvic bone sticking out underneath. If I wanted to see some bones sticking out from a sheer garment being modeled on the runway, then I'd have an actual skeleton being wheeled out to display the outfit as opposed to a starving model. One other thing is the fact that I also can't stand flat chested models wearing strapless bustiers! If you're naturally flat chested, then at least insert some push up or contouring pads into the cups of the strapless bustier if there are some(if not, then put them in a strapless bra) to show that there is a bustline there, but it takes some extra work to show it. If you're not then put on some weight for until you regain your bustline. Other than that, Alexander's spring collection was completely sublime and I can't wait to see the videocast of his fall 07 collection(coming very soon). Tell me what you think!

No comments: