Welcome!

Here you'll find opinions on style, fashion, beauty, celebrities and style, stylists, television shows such as How Do I look?, design, decor, and travel(trends in travel such as hottest city of the season or year) by moi. You'll also have reviews of the latest trends for each season as well as what I think of them, reviews of beauty products that I just purchased or that I really like to have or purchase. The blog is run and maintained by one person, Sarah Elizabeth. The main focus is on fashion and style, but there are other areas that will be discussed as well. Have fun reading the posts and please leave me a comment telling me what you think.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Donna Karan-Spring 2007 RTW

Donna Karan's collection for Spring and Summer drew inspiration from the desert, sort of a desert warrior if you will. She travels a lot so she felt that she needed to bring some naturalism to an urban setting. There were lots of African themes mixed in with some middle eastern themes as well. Hamish Bowles even thought he saw some Japanese peasant looks in the mix somewhere. The fabrics were fluid like, draped on the models in such a way that would remind you of 1930s designer Madame Gres. For me, I wasn't too thrilled about the colors, but I did like the outfits regardless. I guess for me, what did me in with the outfits was the fact that they did, indeed, show some resemblance to Madame Gres and the way dresses were draped in the 1930s. I even thought I saw some remnants of styles seen in the gowns designed by Gilbert Adrian and Orry-Kelly for MGM and Warner Bros. back in the '30s. As for the choice of fabric, it did represent to her how fast today's woman was moving from one place to another. I will put up a look book on style.com to display my favorites from the show as well as some details and what I liked least. There'll be a link put up when I edit the entry.

No comments: