Welcome!

Here you'll find opinions on style, fashion, beauty, celebrities and style, stylists, television shows such as How Do I look?, design, decor, and travel(trends in travel such as hottest city of the season or year) by moi. You'll also have reviews of the latest trends for each season as well as what I think of them, reviews of beauty products that I just purchased or that I really like to have or purchase. The blog is run and maintained by one person, Sarah Elizabeth. The main focus is on fashion and style, but there are other areas that will be discussed as well. Have fun reading the posts and please leave me a comment telling me what you think.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Review of Alessandro Dell'Acqua's Spring 2007 Ready to Wear Line

I actually liked this collection a lot, as it focused more on the '80s look, well, at least a tweaked version of the '80s. I must say that I applaud Mr. Dell'Acqua for at least trying to put an effort into putting in some models who looked as if they actually ate something that would pack on the pounds without looking obese. However, I would suggest that he try putting a model with an actual ass(think Jennifer Lopez type butt) and curvy hips into some of those skinny jeans for once instead of the run of the mill twig with no bustline, hips or ass. I wasn't too crazy about the lack of color that I saw either. Most of the clothes were gray, brown, silver or other neutral earth-tones with few outfits acutally exhibiting some color in them. I disliked the make up and the hair, it was just too boring. Kind of reminded me of a typical Michael Kors show with the minimalism if you ask me. The hair was just too plain Jane and pretty much looked like a chemically straightened version of the way I wear my hair on a daily basis. The makeup consisted of beige colors with very little tint for the cheeks...very boring, imho. A little color never hurts anyone, but if you're Michael Kors, it can kill you. Even if there is a lot of color.

No comments: