Welcome!

Here you'll find opinions on style, fashion, beauty, celebrities and style, stylists, television shows such as How Do I look?, design, decor, and travel(trends in travel such as hottest city of the season or year) by moi. You'll also have reviews of the latest trends for each season as well as what I think of them, reviews of beauty products that I just purchased or that I really like to have or purchase. The blog is run and maintained by one person, Sarah Elizabeth. The main focus is on fashion and style, but there are other areas that will be discussed as well. Have fun reading the posts and please leave me a comment telling me what you think.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Trovata-Spring 2007 RTW

This season's fashion show took a complete turn from the typical run of the mill fashion show that they had last season, meaning that the show was NOT a traditional runway show. Instead, the show was more of a presentation, which had a caribbean beachcomber theme to it. To tell you the truth, I wasn't entirely thrilled with the clothes, but then again, there were some good things about the show. I liked the shoes that were featured on some of the female models, the first female look I liked alot was the white mini shirtdress, paired with some beachy jewelry and some bangles, along with a pair of aviator sunglasses. I'm not usually one for preppy, especially since it's pretty much everywhere if you ask me. The only thing that shocked me was that I didn't see turned up collars, however one has to keep in mind that this presentation had a Gilligan's Island type feel to it as opposed to the country club prep school type of preppy. Within the presentation was a cocktail party bringing together some of the industry's movers and shakers, socialites, and prospective buyers from upscale department stores along with celebrities. What struck me about the collection was that there was an Abercrombie and Fitch air to the presentation itself, the only two things missing are the hunky half-naked male models and an annoying female preppy model such as Lauren Bush(on the contrary though, I've heard through the grapevine that she's a very nice girl in addition to supposedly being engaged to the son of designer Ralph Lauren). Even Vogue Magazine's editrix at large, Anna Wintour, has pointed that out, stating that she "was happy to see that they switched back to the smaller presentation because she thought that it works better for the clothing that they do. They're like a young Tommy Hilfiger or Abercrombie and Fitch with shades of Wes Anderson thrown in." The party's decor had a nautical theme throughout. I will publish a public lookbook on style.com soon. I'll leave the link in this entry when it gets completed. Would love to hear back on your thoughts when you find the time to.

No comments: